miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2016

A year's balance




If I have to sum up 2016 into one word, it would be "Change". I was a Judge in the Argentine Jessup rounds and I loved it! I left a job I liked and I guy I loved to pursue a job I love, with no guy in the picture.  I moved -again- not only to a different country, but to an entirely different world. New religion, new culture, new traditions to learn from and adapt to. I learned to let go. Of people, of things, of my way of life in a country i knew way too well to find happiness in. I finally went back to UNHCR after 10 years. I got stressed with my new job, and I learned a whole lot about how to do it and be more chill. I met amazing people, made great friends, have tons of new and fun acquaintances I love to hang out with. I lived in a tattoo studio for two weeks. I moved to a flat with an amazing room and had the best roommate ever. I got adoptive parents that make me feel like home and spoil me every single time they see me. I also came across some people that, for good or bad, taught me that not everyone is trustworthy. I fell in love and got my heart broken. I crashed and burned, I'm rising from it. I've traveled to places I never thought I would ever seen, although  still have a long bucket list. I got to see the vastness of the desert and the beauty of the Red Sea. I had the opportunity to enjoy without so many (financial) restrictions. I fasted an entire weekend during Ramadan and it was okay, although I don't think I would have the strength to do it for a months. I've sailed along the Nile for no other reason than to spend time with great people. I've tried new food and ate more hummus than in my entire lifetime. I've compared shawermas - still none that beat the ones I used to eat in Guasdualito-. I've cooked Arepas twice for non Venezuelan friends, and they absolutely loved them. I flew on an hot air balloon and watched the sunrise over Luxor. I had surgery. Yes, in Egypt, and it went fine. I also got a new tattoo and I pierced my nose -again-, but this time I let it heal. I've seen people come and go so often that I can't always keep track, but many have made an impact, and I will never forget them.

So, in a nutshell, with all the ups and downs, it's been a great crazy ass year, and I thank you all for being a part of it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario